Even though it’s still the beginning of December, we have been in the holiday spirit since right after Halloween. Haha! For me, nothing says it’s the holidays quite like a perfectly wrapped present, right? It’s one of the most recognizable parts of the season, and everyone I know loves to give and receive them. That’s why today we are going to show you how to make your very own Holiday Present Pillows! It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
Ever since we made our DIY Holiday Light pillows last year, I have been thinking of all the holiday objects I could possibly transform into comfy pillows, and this was the first thing that came to mind. Everyone seemed to love those pillows, so hopefully you will all feel the same about these as well!
1 yard of fabric for each color of present (we used fleece)
White thread or thread to match the color of your pillows
Hand sewing needle
Polyester fiberfill, we used a bag per pillow (here)
Paper patterns to make the present (we measured ours out with a ruler)
Ribbon for each present
1. Measure out a square to make a pattern. We made our patterns 12″, 9″, and 6″ with 1/2″ seam allowance for three different size pillows. Cut out the patterns and set aside.
2. On your fabric, pin down the square pattern piece and cut out 6 pieces total. With right sides together, sew two of the square pieces along one side of the felt with a 1/2″ seam.
3. Continue to sew square pieces of fabric together to form a cube. Repeat these steps until you get to the last seam. Remember to leave an opening so you can turn you pillow right side out once you’re done sewing.
4. Turn your pillow right side out, and stuff it completely with fiberfill. Once the pillow is stuffed to your liking, hand sew the remaining open area shut.
5. To create the bow on your Holiday present, cut out a length of ribbon to fit around your present pillow. Wrap the present like you would a real one, gluing the ribbon to the fabric with fabric glue. Allow the glue to dry completely and you have yourself some new pillows!
And there you have it! The perfect Holiday gift if you ask me, since you don’t have to wrap it or worry about breaking it! What are some other holiday objects you want to see us recreate? And who knows, if these are as popular as our Christmas Light Pillows, we may have to do another giveaway this year on Instagram!
- No Comments
- December 5, 2018