If you’ve been looking up Summer fashions online, then you’ll know that these typography hats are SO popular right now. But when it comes to the price tag, you’ll have to pay hundreds. Who can afford a $500 hat?! That’s crazy. So we’re showing you how to make a fun typography hat with a little bit of a twist. It has a FLAMINGO pattern too! Make a hat that’s even more fun: check! This project is a super quick one, so if you want some fun flair for your last minute beach trip or your 4th of July celebrations this weekend, we’ve got you covered. PLUS, there’s a printable at the bottom for the imagery so you know you have to make this now! What the flock are you waiting for?! Ha!
1. Prep the surface of the hat by making sure it’s clean.
2. Download the flamingo silhouette image and letters at the bottom of the post and either use them as a template and cut them out of the iron-on vinyl with an exacto knife, or use an electronic cutter to cut them out.
3. Arrange the flamingos around the hat how you want them to be placed and use the instructions on your iron-on vinyl to secure them to the hat.
4. Repeat the same process on top of the flamingo pattern with the vinyl letters. Use the ridges of the hat to line up the letters.
5. Allow the hat to cool down, and what the flock, how cool is your new hat?!
Project execution: Cassidy Claus | Concept, Styling, and Photography: Aww Sam
I don’t know about you, but I am SO ready to flamingle on over to the beach now with my new hat! What other flamingo puns can you think of that you would put on your hat? And don’t forget to download the flamingo and letter templates below to make your DIY-ing a little easier!
- 3 Comments
- June 29, 2016