My all-time favorite cereal as a kid was cookie crisps, and since you guys loved the pop tart crunch throwback recipe so much, I thought I’d show you how to make your own cookie crisp cereal. But it’s not just normal cookie crisp cereal, this cereal’s got a big twist because it’s made with mini FUNFETTI chocolate chip cookies! Everything’s better with rainbow sprinkles, right?! And if you’re not a chocolate chip cookie fan, you can use this recipe to make funfetti vanilla cake batter cookies too. Let’s get crackin’, cereal’s good at all times of the day!!
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup vanilla cake mix
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
1. In a small bowl, mix together flour, cake mix, and baking soda.
2. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and add the light brown sugar and regular sugar. Combine.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix together until combined.
4. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Add in the chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles and mix until they are evenly dispersed.
6. Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Once the dough has chilled, roll it into really small balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 5 minutes or until edges start to brown. Allow the cookies to cool completely and place in a bowl with milk.
I’m thinking this throwback cereal stuff should become a new Aww Sam series. What do you think? Cinnamon toast crunch as our next DIY?!
- One Comment
- May 16, 2016