We’ve got a fun throwback DIY today!!! Do you guys remember pop tart crunch cereal from the 90s?! (What ever happened to that anyways?) Well I’m sure you guys have all seen mini pop tarts, but when I saw Public Lives Secrets Recipes’ brilliant idea to put pop tarts in milk, I wanted to show you how to bring back pop tart crunch cereal in an adorable bite-sized way! If these mini pop tarts aren’t the cutest things you’ve ever seen, I don’t know what is. I’m already stocking up on pastry crust so I can make these for breakfast every morning. When your day starts out with adorable cereal, there’s no way you can have a bad day!!
Favorite pastry crust
Pastry filling (nutella, strawberry preserves, chocolate)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out your pastry crust and using a sharp knife, cut out small rectangles about 1/4″ x 1″.
2. Put the filling you’re going to use in a piping bag and pipe a small amount onto half of the pastry rectangles.
3. With a little bit of milk, cover the edges of the pastry crust and put another pastry crust rectangle on top, sandwiching in the filling.
4. Press down the edges of the pop tart with a small fork and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Continue this until you have enough pop tarts made to fill a cereal bowl. Bake for 10 minutes or until crust turns golden.
6. Allow to cool completely. Put a small amount of vanilla icing on top and some rainbow sprinkles. Put your mini pop tarts in a cereal bowl with milk and enjoy!
What other DIY cereal ideas do you want to see? I’ve definitely got some homemade cookie crisps and cinnamon toast crunch on my list of things to make!
- No Comments
- May 2, 2016