Did you ever have pull apart cupcakes when you were younger?! My mom used to make them ALL the time, and I’ve been seeing them everywhere again now! I didn’t make a cake for myself for my birthday this year, so we decided to bake some cupcakes and turn them into a giant pineapple. So those of you that guessed “pineapple” on stories last week were right!!!! This is a great alternative if you don’t want to shape a cake (I’m the WORST at cake shaping), and you’d be surprised how many different things you can make from just a few dozen cupcakes!
Box cake mix (enough to make 34 cupcakes)
Large cake board
Food coloring in green an yellow
Piping tip #32 star
1. Bake enough cupcakes until you have 34 that are relatively uniform in size. Allow them to cool completely before assembling.
2. Using the photo above as a template, arrange your cupcakes, putting a small amount of frosting underneath each one to keep them in place.
3. Color some of your frosting yellow and place it in a piping bag fitted with a #32 star tip. Pipe small stars all over the cupcakes, leaving the leaves uncovered.
4. To finish the leaves, use green food coloring to color some of your frosting. Place it in a piping bag with a #32 star tip and pipe long lines all over the cupcakes you’re using the for leaves. Layer rows of frosting on top of each other to make the cupcakes resemble leaves more closely.
5. Allow the frosting to harden before transporting your pull apart cupcakes and enjoy!
Since it’s definitely that time of year for pineapple everythinggg, make sure to check out our pineapple donuts too! They’re probably one of my favorite things we’ve ever made! Who’s ready to make their first pull apart cupcake cake now?! I’m a huge fan of cross stitch, so I love the idea of being able to take cupcakes and turn them into bigger images! Hope you all love this one just as much too!!!
- No Comments
- May 21, 2018