I’ve been on a serious tassel kick after making the tassels for our living room chair, and I thought it would be cool to use our chair as inspiration for some EDIBLE tassels!!! We put our edible tassels on donuts but you could use these for cake, cupcakes, cookies, you name it! The possibilities are endless! And guess what? These are just as easy to make as actual tassels. Let’s get to it, I have a feeling you are all going to LOVE this one!
Food coloring in the colors of your choice
Your favorite donuts
White melting chocolate
1. Using your food coloring, color small balls of white fondant. We made light blue, mint, coral, orange, yellow, and hot pink fondant. If the fondant starts becoming too sticky, add a small amount of powdered sugar.
2. On a sheet of parchment paper, roll out your fondant to 1/4″ thick. Cut rectangular strips that are around 1″ x 2 1/2″ in size.
3. With your knife, cut fringe almost to the top of the strip. Roll the top of the strip up to create a tassel and seal together with a small amount of water. Roll the top of the tassel around in your fingers to make sure the whole thing is stuck together well.
4. Roll out a small string of fondant and place it around the top of the tassel. Fluff out the tassel with your fingers and place it on a sheet of parchment paper to harden. Wait until the tassels are hardened completely before attaching them onto your donuts.
5. Melt a small amount of white chocolate and place a dab of it where you want each tassel to go. Hold the tassels onto the donut until the chocolate has hardened and they will stay in place. Enjoy!
Hope you guys loved this one as much as I do! This might be one of my new favorite projects ever now! I know I say that a lot, but I just can’t get over those tiny tassels, and they definitely make donuts look 100 times cuter.
- No Comments
- May 30, 2018