We’re back with another dessert hack today! And I seriously can’t handle the cuteness of this one! I sometimes come up with my best project ideas from dreams (I know, I know, it’s super weird), but I have really vivid dreams guys. Last week I woke up thinking that vanilla macarons look like little clouds, so I decided why not make a rainbow out of them?! So we DID!!! These are superrr easy to make and they have a serious cuteness factor that actually makes them too cute to eat. Ha! Anyways, get ready for Lisa Frank 90’s vibes because these would be PERFECT for a Lisa Frank themed party. Let’s get to decorating!
1 lb of powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons meringue powder
Food coloring in pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple
Rainbow template (here)
1. In a large bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, water, and meringue powder. With a mixer, mix on high until the mixture forms soft peaks, about 3 minutes.
2. Split the icing into 6 bowls and color each bowl of icing a different color. Transfer the icing to piping bags.
3. Print out the rainbow template above and place it onto a baking sheet under a piece of wax paper. You can tape down the wax paper if you don’t want it to shift.
4. Following the shape of the rainbow, pipe out the colors onto the wax paper. Allow the rainbows to harden at room temperature in a dry environment. Once the rainbows are completely hardened, peel them off of the wax paper sheet.
5. Pipe vanilla frosting (we used store-bought cupcake frosting) onto the top of your macaron to resemble clouds. Place the rainbow on the tops of two macarons. Allow the frosting to harden and you have a fun, rainbow macaron!
I hope you guys are enjoying these dessert hacks as much as I am! Not only are they easy to make, we’re trying to come up ones that have a really impressive outcome too. And P.S. we did a seashell macaron hack too right over here!!!
- No Comments
- August 9, 2017