Did you guys ever have those Hershey’s kiss thumbprint cookies when you were younger? They were always so easy to make and the combination of chocolate with peanut butter cookies was always my favorite. So for nostalgic reasons, I wanted to make chocolate peanut butter thumbprint cookies today with a little bit of a tropical spin; we’re turning them into mini beaches!!! I found these insanely cute little flamingo sprinkles at the craft store and I knew we had to come up with something sweet to put them to good use! I can’t get over how adorable these look from above, and I hope all of you love them too! 🙂
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Blue melting chocolate
Flamingo sprinkles (here)
Mini paper beach umbrellas (we made ours)
1. Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside. In a separate bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, and the light brown sugar until fluffy.
2. Add in the egg, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture and combine until a dough forms.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll dough into 1 inch balls. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and immediately press a blue chocolate into the middle of each cookie. Wait about a minute for the chocolate to melt slightly and press a flamingo and a beach umbrella into the chocolate.
5. Place the cookies into the refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened again completely and enjoy!
If you were an even bigger fan of “dirt” pudding cups, we have a beachy version of those right over here too! How many of you are going to the beach this week?! You can bring these along for a fun snack!
- No Comments
- July 24, 2017