We’re venturing into the bath bomb making field today with something SWEET! I had my first bath bomb experience last month (I know, why did it take me so long?!) and I’ve been wanting to try my hand at making my own. And I’ll let you in on a little secret, they’re so much easier than you’d think PLUS they’ll save you a ton of money! They’re completely sugar-free too, so no need to worry about whether or not they’re safe to put in the tub. Totally ready to treat myself to a nice spa day now!!
Silicone cupcake molds (here)
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup epsom salt
1/2 cup cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon water
2 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
3 teaspoons essential oil
Pink soap color
8 oz melt and pour soap (here)
4 tablespoons liquid dish soap
Piping bag and star tip
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the baking soda, citric acid, epsom salt, and cornstarch.
2. Combine the coconut oil, water, essential oil, and as much of the pink coloring as you’d like in a separate bowl.
3. Very slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk thoroughly every time you add some of the wet ingredients to prevent the mixture from reacting. You are looking for the mixture to stick together when you press down on it.
4. Dust the inside of the mold cavities with pink glitter. Put the bath bomb mixture into the mold and press down until the mold is completely filled.
5. Leave the bath bombs to dry for 4 hours before carefully removing them from the mold.
6. Melt the 8 oz of soap in a large bowl for 1 minute or until completely melted. Add in the dish and soap and mix with a stand mixer until it resembles cupcake frosting.
7. Put the “frosting” in a piping bag fitted with a star tip and quickly pipe the soap onto the top of the bath bomb cupcake base. Add sugar free sprinkles if you’d like and more glitter on top. Allow the soap to harden completely before using your bomb in the bath.
Alright, writing this post is making me SO hungry for real cupcakes I need to go get some now to curb the hunger! What are your favorite kind of cupcakes? Mine are chocolate chip with chocolate frosting!
- One Comment
- May 17, 2017