Oops we did it again!!! You know how much we LOVE giant cake versions of our favorite desserts, so this time we’re making a giant macaron cake! And cake making can’t get any easier than this one because you can make this by just using one cake right outta the pan. Trust me, I’m not even joking, it’s THAT easy!
Favorite cake mix
5″ cake pan
Blue food coloring
1. Bake your favorite cake mix in a 5″ cake pan according to the cake’s recipe. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the refrigerator.
2. When the cake is cooled, cut it in half using a sharp knife or a cake leveler. You can leave the domed top on the cake for this one, no need to level the top.
3. Split your buttercream frosting in half and color one half light blue. Frost both halves of the cake and allow for the buttercream to harden. Put any remaining blue buttercream in a piping bag with a medium-sized piping tip.
4. Using the rest of the buttercream that you didn’t color, piping out a large amount of frosting on top of the bottom half of the cake. This will be your “macaron icing.” Place in the refrigerator for the buttercream to harden.
5. Place the top half of your cake on top of the white buttercream you just piped, sandwiching the buttercream between both halves of the cake. Press down gently.
6. To finish off the cake, pipe two rings along the “shells” of the macaron. Using a toothpick, swirl the buttercream so that it looks like the foot of a macaron shell. Allow all of the buttercream to harden and enjoy!
- 2 Comments
- March 1, 2017