This is not your ordinary sandwich, folks! Because this one is actually a CAKE! Do you guys remember when we made fairy bread ice cream sandwiches and we talked about what fairy bread is? Well, when I was recently doing some prop hunting online, I came across this sandwich cake mold and I knew we had to make a giant fairy bread cake! You know we love to make giant versions of normal food around here, and I’ll take any excuse to bake a cake. Thus, the fairy bread sandwich cake was born, and I’m so ready to go grab another slice or two! Who wants a piece?!
Your favorite white cake recipe
Sandwich cake mold (here)
Rainbow nonpareils sprinkles
1. Preheat your oven to 315 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the inside of your cake mold and flour the bottom.
2. I used two boxes of cake mix to fill the mold, but pour your cake mix into the mold about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife comes out of the middle of the cake clean.
3. Place the cake mold on a cooling rack until it is completely cooled. Remove the cake from the mold once it is cooled and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
4. Using a serrated knife, slice the top off of the cake. Cut the cake in half so you get two slices of “bread.”
5. Spread vanilla buttercream in between both cakes and sandwich together. Spread buttercream on the top of the cake to resemble butter and sprinkle rainbow nonpareils over the top.
6. Take a slice of fairy bread cake and enjoy!
Are you all just as crazy about fairy bread as I am now?! This is definitely the cutest slice of bread I’ve ever seen. And this cake is so easy to make that you’ll be celebrating in no time!
- No Comments
- September 21, 2016