I’m always on the lookout for fun furniture pieces to add to the studio, but I’m never able to find anything interesting for storage options. And believe me, we need a lot of storage around here for all of the props I’ve hoarded in the last year! Ha! I was originally going to just do this DIY project for myself, but it was so easy and such a fun result, that I wanted to share with you guys too. SO behold these crazy giant, pink dice storage boxes that double as a side table!
Have you guys ever seen the website Great Big Stuff? Well, basically they just sell giant versions of everyday objects and I’m OBSESSED. I mean, giant donut seat, giant toothbrush, I love them all. They sell giant dice, but not ones big enough for a piece of furniture, thus the birth of this DIY. What are you waiting for, you’ve got some painting to do!
1. Once your storage boxes are assembled, prep them by cleaning them with a damp paper towel to remove any dust or dirt.
2. Cut circles 3.25″ in diameter out of the adhesive vinyl. Place the vinyl stickers on the sides of the storage box in a dice arrangement and press down firmly.
3. Put down a drop cloth or a large piece of cardboard so you don’t get paint on your floor and place the storage boxes on top of it. Paint pink over the whole box.
4. Once the first coat has dried, paint a second coat on top. Allow to completely dry.
5. When the second coat is completely dried and does not feel sticky at all, remove all of the vinyl stickers from the box to reveal the dice pattern. Make sure you don’t remove the vinyl stickers too early into the drying process or the paint around the vinyl will peel as well.
Is anyone else getting major modern-day Alice In Wonderland vibes from this?! I’m totally ready to go have a tea party with the Mad Hatter now. Oh, and if anyone is wondering, the chairs are from Wayfair and the amazing pink chess set is from Amazon!
- One Comment
- April 27, 2016