It’s finally starting to feel like Summer here! And that means busting out the cold drinks and fun drink sippers to help you cool down during the heat. One of my favorite ways to enjoy my Summer beverage is with CRAZY STRAWS! Remember always wanting these when you were a kid? Well they’re definitely making a comeback in a big way with these DIY word crazy straws. You’re going to need these for your Summer pool party, and I know everyone will be impressed when you have a straw for each one of your guests. Grab those drinks, you’ll soon have a fun straw to add to them!!
Acrylic straws (here)
Heat gun or small toaster oven
Pen and paper
1. Draw out the word or design you want to make on a piece of paper.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or turn on your heat gun to warm it up. Make sure you are in a well ventilated area.
3. If using an oven, put your acrylic straws in the oven on a tray and remove once the consistency of the acrylic becomes like licorice. Is using a heat gun, warm up the acrylic to the same licorice-like consistency.
4. Making sure you have on oven mitts, quickly shape the straw into the word you have chosen and hold down until it has cooled and the shape is stuck in place.
5. If you mess up and the straw has already cooled, don’t worry, you can heat it up again and re-shape it!
What are you looking forward to the most about warmer days? I’m definitely ready to hang out by the pool with one of these babies and a pineapple shaped cup!
- 6 Comments
- April 20, 2016