As you may know if you are following me on Instagram, I have a bit of a love affair with pineapples right now. I find them to be the cutest things, and the mini pineapples that I’ve been seeing everywhere are too much to handle. Seriously, I just want to decorate my whole apartment with the things! (I even sell a pineapple wearing sunglasses pin in my shop) To add to my obsession, I recently discovered the joy that is pineapple ice cream, which might top cherry popsicles on my list of favorite Summer treats. I’ve never had Dole Whip at Disney, but I’ve heard many stories and I imagine this is what the experience of eating Dole Whip is like.
I’ve decided to share this deliciousness with all of you, AND add a free pineapple printable for your ice cream cones too! (The link to download is at the bottom of the page)
I’ve been pairing it with a Haagen Dazs strawberry ice cream. So good!
Be careful because you are totally going to get addicted to this stuff. And make it when no one is home so you don’t have to share with a significant other or a family member! There’s nothing worse than having to share your dessert.
– 2 cups milk
– 1 cup sugar
– 3 eggs, lightly beaten
– 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
– 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
1. In a large saucepan, heat milk to 175 degrees, stir in sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160 degrees and coats the back of a spoon.
2. Remove from heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water, stir for 2 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
3. Put in an ice cream machine for 30 minutes. Transfer to ice cream container and put in freezer for several hours until frozen.
Make this for your next pool party and I guarantee people will be coming back for seconds! I mean, who doesn’t like ice cream, let alone PINEAPPLE ice cream?! Happy eating!
- No Comments
- June 11, 2015