It’s time for my first post for National Donut *Week and I’m showing you how to make donuts on a stick! There’s really nothing that isn’t better in it’s “On a Stick” form. Cotton candy, corn dogs, and popsicles are all super delicious, and you don’t have to worry about getting your hands messy. With Summer quickly approaching and everyone’s favorite, the popsicle, making its return, I didn’t think it could get much better than donut pops. Donuts are already pretty amazing, so there isn’t much that can make them much better except when you put them on a stick.
I’ve been so excited all week to make these (and eat them too). I wasn’t sure if they would turn out alright, but I think they came out better than expected and I can totally see these as a carnival treat. If you need me, I’ll be walking around my apartment with one in each hand. Raise your hand if you want to hang out and eat copious amounts of these! *raised hand emoji*
– Wilton cake pan (found here)
– Sprinkles! I used the always classic, rainbow sprinkles
– Icing in different colors
– Cute popsicle sticks (I used the utensil handles from Sucre Shop)
– Ingredients for baked donuts (I use this recipe)
– 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
– 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
– 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 dash nutmeg
– 1 egg
– 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
– 1/4 cup milk
– 2/3 cups plain greek yogurt
– 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Make donuts and icing (wait for donuts to cool completely before decorating)
2. Decorate donuts with icing and sprinkles if desired
3. Cut a small slit with a knife in the bottom of the donut where you want the stick to go
4. Put your popsicle stick in the donut
5. Eat. Enjoy. Repeat!
I tried to make the assembly of these super simple so they could be a quick treat for parties or a fun morning meal!
Stay tuned for more donut fun this week, and don’t forget to follow along on Instagram with the hashtag #donutworrybeawwsam!
- No Comments
- June 1, 2015