DIY lipstick you say?! Yes, we went there!! If you know me, you’ll know that I’m almost ALWAYS wearing lipstick, but I also have a few lip allergies so it’s not the easiest for me to find reds and pinks that don’t give me an allergic reaction (and I LOVE a good pink lip). So if any of you out there share my same struggles or are just looking for a fun activity to try with your gal pals at your next sleepover, we’ve got you covered in the lipstick department! We’re showing you the easiest way to make (that’s right, make!) your own lipsticks and you probably already have all of the supplies in your room! If you’ve ever wanted to try out some crazy colors, but don’t want to pay big bucks, you’ve come to the right place!
Coconut oil (you can also use chapstick)
Old lipstick tubes
Glass jar or bowl
1. Tear the paper off of the crayon you want to use and break it up. Place the pieces in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of coconut oil to the bowl. Put in the microwave for 30 second intervals until the crayon is completely melted.
3. Use a spoon to mix the coconut oil and crayon together completely.
4. Place a funnel above the empty lipstick tube and pour the coconut oil mixture into the lipstick tube. Put the tube into the refrigerator until the lipstick has turned into a solid.
5. Wipe out the bowl you are using with a paper towel while the mixture inside is still liquid to clean the bowl out. Redo all steps to create another color!
What’s your go-to lipstick color for Fall? I’m all about magenta and frosted pink this season. And if any of you have found other fun ways to make your own cosmetics, don’t forget to share with us in the comments below!
- 3 Comments
- September 13, 2016