Who’s ready for Summer?! I know I definitely am, although New York doesn’t seem to know what season we’re in. Ha! I’ve still got my fingers crossed that Summer is going to appear soon (and I know it already has for some of you on the West Coast), so we’re showing you how to get ready with an awesome new suit because sun’s out bun’s out! I’d been seeing these typography swimsuits EVERYWHERE, but they sure come with a hefty price tag, and I knew we could do a really easy DIY version. This project only takes about 15 minutes, so if you want to spice up your swimsuit right before you leave for the beach, you’ve come to the right place!
Black and white iron-on vinyl (here)
Plain swimsuit or bodysuit
Piece of cardboard
1. Use a digital cutting machine to cut the phrase you want out of vinyl.
2. Place a cardboard piece inside of the swimsuit so you have a flat surface to iron on.
3. Use the instructions on your iron-on vinyl to put it on properly.
4. I stuck the phrase on the middle of the swimsuit and ironed it on a cotton setting. Put a cloth in between the phrase and the iron so you don’t melt the vinyl.
5. Peel away the clear backing on the vinyl and iron using the cloth again for 30 seconds longer.
6. Allow to cool, and go get your beach on!
Shell yeah! How many of you are going to personalize your swimsuit this Summer season? What phrase are you going to use? My favorite one is definitely “beach, please.” Ha!
- 5 Comments
- May 23, 2016