While I was researching new pillows for our studio, I couldn’t find any funfetti cake pillows! (And if you know me, you know that’s my favorite kind of cake). So, I wanted to whip up (get it?! wink) a fun no-sew pillow project to make your sofa a little sweeter. I know sewing projects are sometimes daunting for some of you non-sewers, so I’m giving you a way to look like you sewed this baby up by just using glue! What are you waiting for, we’ve got some baking err gluing to do!!
Pink cotton or felt
Acrylic paint in the colors you want for your sprinkles
Poly-fil stuffing (here)
Pink thread or string
Paper template for the sprinkles
1. Cut out two rectangles out of your pink fabric that are 16″ x 12″, two triangles that are 16″ x 16″ x 12″, and a square that’s 12″ x 12″.
2. With a 1/2″ seam allowance, glue or sew the seams together. Start by gluing the rectangles to the two triangles and then closing the shape off with the square. Make sure to leave a small opening so you can turn it right side out and put the stuffing in.
3. Once the glue is dry or once you have finished sewing, turn the pillow right side out and stuff the inside until it’s completely full. Hand sew or glue the opening shut.
4. With your white felt, cut out two strips that are 25″ x 4″. Using a template or free-handing, paint on sprinkles in various colors. Once the strips have dried, glue them in place on the pillow.
5. For the frosting on top, cut out 4 circles that are 6″ in diameter. Bunch them up at the top, put a little bit of stuffing inside, and tie them closed with a string or sewing thread. Glue them to the top of the pillow.
I have a lot of really fun pillows, but I think this one is easily my new favorite! What’s your favorite type of cake?! I could totally live off of ice cream cake too. Basically two of my favorite desserts in one!
- 12 Comments
- March 2, 2016